- Plan and direct interplant transfers and incoming vendor deliveries. Manage logistics personnel and logistics systems and direct daily operations.
Responsibilities and Duties include but not limited to:
- Resolves problems concerning transportation, logistic systems, imports or exports, and customer issues.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Direct inbound and outbound logistics operations, such as transportation, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and statutes minimizing company exposure.
- Getting Information- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from relevant sources such as inter-company department, customers, vendors, salespeople and third-party shipping and logistics vendors.
- Prepares customer delivery reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and uses information to proactively communicate potential late deliveries.
- Communication-Key to all work activities. Providing and emitting information such as status, tracking, and knowledge of shipped orders to supervisors, sales team, and subordinates by telephone, e-mail, Adjutant, and/or writing.
- Computer Software- Using computers and computer systems such as Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, E-mail, and Internet to coordinate activities and complete tasks.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintaining them over time.
- Resolve customer complaints or problems.
- Develop operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
- Monitor organizational compliance with regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of current and basic Texas Department of Transportation regulations including knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road including the relative costs and benefits.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of goods and resources.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Time management-Ability to allocate time to efficiently complete tasks and objectives.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the point being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Complex Problem Solving- identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Knowledge of principles and processes of providing outstanding customer service, needs assessment, and customer satisfaction.
- Be able to communicate both orally and written with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent numerical, documentational, and reporting skills.
- Great attention to detail and a result driven approach.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Bachelors in business management or related field or four years at least of industry experience in manufacturing
- Bilingual English/Spanish essential.
- Self-motivated, self-starter.
- Excellent customer service, soft skills.
- Ability to find proactive approaches to processes to mitigate losses and improve efficiency.
- Must be analytical and able to solve problems.
- Highly effective communications skills – oral, written, and group.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Able to work both alone and as a team.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
Work Location: One location